Hazardous Certification Online Training
General Cargo Handling Procedures
This is a 8 hour online course on the regulations of the United States Department of Transportation regarding the safe and legal transportation of materials designated as hazardous. The training is designed to satisfy the general awareness and security awareness training requirements of 49 CFR 172.704(a) for those who work with the transportation of hazardous cargo in the international trade industry.
The following topics are covered during the course:
- Hazardous Cargo Classification and how to use the Hazardous Cargo Table
- Proper Hazardous Cargo Shipping Names
- Hazardous Cargo Packaging Requirements
- Hazardous Cargo Shipping Papers
- Hazardous Cargo Marking & Labeling
- Hazardous Cargo Placards
- Placarding Requirements
- Hazardous Cargo Loading & Unloading
- Hazardous Cargo Security
- Discussion of the IMDG code and how it differs from the 49 CFR 172.704(a)
Online students have access to instructor, message boards, online textbook and terms search, plus all those passing the final exam with a 70% or higher receive a certificate of satisfactory completion that covers the requirement of being trained in the handling of hazardous cargo for three years.
For more information about our courses, please call us at 866-744-7101 or email us at email@example.com.
Cost of the course – US$395
Timeframe of course – 8 Hour Course with 14 days to complete.
To reserve a space in one of our up-coming classroom courses, please fill out our Hazardous Training Request Form and fax it to us at: 1-866-744-7102